Monday, October 18, 2010

Nam Phuong

Saturday night I opted out of seeing Jack Ass 3-D and instead enjoyed my new found power of the pocket and went out for dinner. Ok, so I only spend $10 but it felt nice to be able to spend it all on one meal!
Where did I get a delicious dinner for only $10 (including tip)? Why, Nam Phuong in South Philly of course!
I have very limited experience in Vietnamese food, but Nam Phuong has inspired me to explore this genre of food. We started with spring rolls that were steamed and tasty in that amazing peanut sauce that Lana and I kinda wanted to go swimming in. Then we each got a different soup. I wish I could remember the name but I had no notebook with me!! Regardless, I had order envy because I didn't end up with the rice noodles that Dov ended up with, but now I know what to get next time. We only did soup, but you can also get big dinner platters to share with a group. They have large tables and can accommodate big crowds. Also, our waiter was funny and attentive and the service is very fast.
It’s the perfect place to go on a very casual date, or the perfect place to bring a group. Splitting the check has never been easier as you pay at the register.
Nam Phuong is located at:
1100 Washington Ave
Philadelphia, PA 19147-3802
Phone number: 2154680410

1 comment: