Sunday, May 1, 2011

A Walk Through Philly

A few sunny Sundays ago, my friend Emily drove in from Westchester and we took advantage of the beautiful day to take an extended walk. The walk started at my apartment, involved some beer drinking at Belgium Cafe, and ended at The Dandelion where we crashed tea and boozed instead.
The tour was dictated by Emily who spent the first few years of her life in Fairmount and hasn't spent too much time there since. She was literally taking me down memory lane.


Here are some images from out walk





A mural by Shepard Fairey


I have no idea how we got lucky enough to have one of these so close to our front door (its located on 26th and Girard), but let's take a closer look:






love it



Part of a mural by Isaiah Zagar




another part: I love how he incorporate broken bits of trash into his art




Deviled eggs at The Dandelion. They were mustard curry delicious and I can honestly say that I've never had better devilled eggs. I didn't even know devilled eggs could be that tasty!! I would go back just for them!

No comments:

Post a Comment